All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThe goal of this volume is to comprehensively cover a highly readable, updated and extended, overview on our present kwledge of positive and negative effects of UV-exposure, with a focus on vitamin D and skin cancer. Topics that are discussed in-depth by leading researchers and clinicians range from the newest findings in endocrilogy, epidemiology, histology, photobiology, immulogy, cytogenetics and molecular pathology to new concepts for prophylaxis and treatment. Experts in the field as well as health care professionals t intimately involved in these specialized areas are provided with the most significant and timely information related to these topics. It is the aim of the second edition of this book to summarize essential up-to-date information for every clinician or scientist interested in how to balance between positive and negative effects of UV-exposure to minimize the risks of developing vitamin D deficiency and skin cancer.
- Author BiographyJorg Reichrath is Professor for Dermatology and Deputy Director of the Clinic for Dermatology, Allergology and Venerology at the Saarland University Hospital in Homburg/Saar, Germany. Main research interests include photobiology, dermato-endocrinology and dermato-oncology. He is a member of numerous national and international scientific organizations, including the German Dermatological Society (DDG), the Deutsche Krebsgesellschaft (DKG), and the German Dermatologic Co-operative Oncology Group (DeCOG). He has been awarded numerous prizes including the Arnold Rikli-Prize 2006. Jorg Reichrath received his academic degrees (Dr. med., venia legendi) from the Saarland University, Germany.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication21/02/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number810
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note93 black & white illustrations, 24 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1111 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byJorg Reichrath
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.