CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
- AU $36.15Trending at AU $37.50
About this product
- DescriptionLiberia: 1989. The country is on the brink of civil war, poverty overwhelms the cities and villages, and uncertainty is everywhere. SUNUMA (which means, on the dump-pile ) tells the story of a young boy growing up in the midst of war-torn Liberia. At only 3-months old, little Boikai is found discarded on a dump-pile by an older woman who takes him back to her already crowded home. The stakes for survival are high and he quickly develops the courage, wit, and faith to fend for himself against hunger, abuses, and vicious rebel thugs. Despite all his hardship, Roland recognizes the good things in life: the camaraderie of a boys' club, good books, music, and the smile of a pretty girl. A moving story of tenacity and redemption, this first book of a planned trilogy shows that through persistence, courage, and faith anything can be accomplished. It details Roland Kemokai's journey from a dump-pile baby to the inspirational guide he is today.
- Author BiographyRoland Boikai Kemokai, president of Global Empowerment Institute, is an inspirational empowerment speaker, certified life coach, and musician. Abandoned as a 3-month-old baby, Roland overcame the hardship of abuses and living in a war-torn country to graduate valedictorian and become an international inspiration. A former syndicated radio host, he completed several academic and personal development studies in the US. Roland lives in Austin, TX with his family.
- Author(s)Roland B Kemokai
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication28/02/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight526 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.