All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.15Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
About this product
- DescriptionThis book encompasses the full breadth of the super-resolution imaging field, representing modern techniques that exceed the traditional diffraction limit, thereby opening up new applications in biomedicine. It shows readers how to use the new tools to increase resolution in sub-nameter-scale images of living cells and tissue, which leads to new information about molecules, pathways and dynamics. The book highlights the advantages and disadvantages of the techniques, and gives state-of-the-art examples of applications using microscopes currently available on the market. It covers key techniques such as stimulated emission depletion (STED), structured illumination microscopy (SSIM), photoactivated localization microscopy (PALM), and stochastic optical reconstruction microscopy (STORM). It will be a useful reference for biomedical researchers who want to work with super-resolution imaging, learn the proper technique for their application, and simultaneously obtain a solid footing in other techniques.
- Author BiographyAlberto Diaspro, Ph.D, is a professor of applied physics and head of the Nanophysics Unit of the Italian Institute of Technology. He also founded the Laboratory for Advanced Microscopy, Bioimaging, and Spectroscopy (LAMBS). Marc A.M.J. van Zandvoort, Ph.D, is the leader of the Two-Photon Core Facility in Aachen and head of the Advanced Microscopy Unit in the Department of Genetics and Cell Biology at Maastricht University, Netherlands.
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication09/11/2016
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Series TitleSeries in Cellular and Clinical Imaging
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note192 colour illustrations, 5 black & white tables
- Weight1102 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byAlberto Diaspro,Marc A. M. J. van Zandvoort
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.