All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.89
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.50
About this product
- DescriptionMost people have heard about how Apple Computer and Hewlett Packard started out inside someone's garage, then blossomed into huge successful companies, but very few people have yet heard about the next great garage invention story; it's about the creation of a new world sport that's happening inside a garage located in Central, Massachusetts. This book documents the birth, creation, and early stages of development of a fun new game which combines elements of basketball and soccer into a fast-paced hybrid sport. Each chapter contains lessons and insights from the sport's founder, plus photographs of the story as its unfolding. Inspirational, and news-breaking all at once! Buy it for your favorite sports fans, or use it as a teaching tool for young adults!
- Author BiographyMark Wilmot grew up in Massachusetts, excelling as a long distance runner. After graduation, he enlisted in the Marine Corps. As a Marine, Mark received training in many areas, especially leadership and Dr. Deming's Total Quality Management philosophy, a subject he went on to teach to others. Mark was awarded a Navy Commendation medal for heroic achievment, and recognized as a Superior Physical Fitness Champion. He also received the Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps Leadership Writing Award, and was recognized with the Commandant's Quality Award. During 1988, Mark invented the Readers Visual Display Unit, a personal electronic reading device intended for use in storing information and electronic books. Several years later, he created the Memories of Life publishing concept, designed to preserve the accomplishments of service members who died unexpectedly. Mark returned to Massachusetts after completing his military career, helping to implement a new motor vehicle safety and emissions inspection program. He has written several books, including Redemption of A Street Fighter, an inspirational story about a man he met at a local McDonald's restaurant. During 2003, Mark became inspired about the possibility of creating a new sport to fight trends in childhood obesity and to provide more opportunities to play a team sport. After conducting research, he concluded that the evolution of sports will continue, so he launched an effort to develop a hybrid sport called super scoreball, a game combining elements of basketball and soccer. With moral support from family and early partners, Mark spent fifteen- hundred days testing, developing, and presenting the sport to local towns. Today, he is still pushing ahead, one small step at a time with the development of super scoreball. With the help of partners and supporters, he hopes to have a permanent super scoreball facility in place by 2015, to showcase the sport as it grows outward.
- Author(s)Mark A Wilmot
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication21/04/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight218 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.