All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionThis powerful book is based on Eric Jensen's belief that you can have a thriving classroom, one where students look forward to homework rather than complain about it, where teachers learn with students, and where each individual is heard, appreciated, and respected. This book embodies a vision of a school where teachers affect decisions about the curriculum, their classroom, their students, and school policies. The author also shares his vision of a partnership where teachers, students, parents, and administrators work as a team, sharing ideas, supporting each other, and enjoying the privilege of facilitating quality learning that empowers students. Completely rewritten and revised, Super Teaching, Fourth Edition examines how students learn, how instruction physically changes a student's brain, and what research says about the factors that contribute the most to student performance. Jensen discusses lesson planning with the standards in mind, strategies to motivate and engage students, boosting student memory and recall, assessments, and mindsets or mental models of success for teachers. The book also covers the effects of poverty on children and learning, categories of learning styles, managing students' emotional states with music, building positive relationships with students, and developing solid classroom management skills. This is the book for educators who want to revitalize their perspectives on teaching and who want to combine best practices with brain-friendly instruction to inspire and empower students and advanceatheir academic achievement.
- Author BiographyEric Jensen is a former teacher and current member of the Society for Neuroscience and New York Academy of Sciences. He has taught at all levels, from elementary through university level and is currently completing his PhD in human development. In 1981, Jensen cofounded SuperCamp, the nation's first and largest brain-compatible learning program, now with over 50,000 graduates. He has since written Teaching with the Brain in Mind, Brain-Based Learning, Deeper Learning, Arts with the Brain in Mind, Enriching the Brain, and 21 other books on learning and the brain. A leader in the brain-based movement, Jensen has made over 45 visits to neuroscience labs and interacts with countless neuroscientists. He was the founder of the Learning Brain EXPO and has trained educators and trainers for 25 years worldwide in this field. He is deeply committed to making a positive, significant, lasting difference in the way we learn.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication17/09/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Edited byEric P. Jensen
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.