All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe third edition of this proven text has been developed further in both scope and scale to reflect the potential for superconductivity in power engineering to increase efficiency in electricity transmission or engines. The landmark reference remains a comprehensive introduction to the field, covering every aspect from fundamentals to applications, and presenting the latest developments in organic superconductors, superconducting interfaces, quantum coherence, and applications in medicine and industry. Due to its precise language and numerous explanatory illustrations, it is suitable as an introductory textbook, with the level rising smoothly from chapter to chapter, such that readers can build on their newly acquired kwledge. The authors cover basic properties of superconductors and discuss stability and different material groups with reference to the latest and most promising applications, devoting the last third of the book to applications in power engineering, medicine, and low temperature physics. An extensive list of more than 350 references provides an overview of the most important publications on the topic. A unique and essential guide for students in physics and engineering, as well as a reference for more advanced researchers and young professionals.
- Author BiographyReinhold Kleiner is professor for experimental solid-state physics at the University of Tubingen, Germany. He studied physics at the Technical University of Munich, and received his PhD with a thesis on high temperature superconductors. After spending two years at the University of California at Berkeley, he returned to Germany. His research interests include superconductivity and magnetism. Werner Buckel (1920-2003) was Professor at the Technical University of Karlsruhe and established the Institute for Superconductivity at the Research Center in Juelich. Among other honorary positions, Professor Buckel was president of the German Physical Society and the European Physical Society and was a member of the Heidelberg Academy of the Sciences and the Leibnitz Society, Berlin.
- Author(s)Reinhold Kleiner,Werner Buckel
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication18/11/2015
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintBlackwell Verlag GmbH
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1138 g
- Width173 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Translated byRudolf Huebener
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.