All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe optical fiber based supercontinuum source has recently become a significant scientific and commercial success, with applications ranging from frequency comb production to advanced medical imaging. This one-of-a-kind book explains the theory of fiber supercontinuum broadening, describes the diverse operational regimes and indicates principal areas of applications, making it a very important guide for researchers and graduate students. With contributions from major figures and groups who have pioneered research in this field, the book describes the historical development of the subject, provides a background to the associated nlinear optical processes, treats the generation mechanisms from continuous wave to femtosecond pulse pump regimes and highlights the diverse applications. A full discussion of numerical methods and comprehensive computer code are also provided, enabling readers to confidently predict and model supercontinuum generation characteristics under realistic conditions.
- Author BiographyJohn Dudley is a Professor in the Departement d'Optique P. M. Duffieux at the Universite de Franche-Comte and CNRS research institute FEMTO-ST in Besancon, France. His research has spanned both experimental and theoretical nonlinear optics and photonics. Roy Taylor is a Professor in the Physics Department at Imperial College London. He has made contributions in various aspects of laser research, photonics, ultrafast processes, optical fibers and nonlinear optics.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note184 b/w illus.
- Weight980 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byJ. M. Dudley,J. R. Taylor
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.