All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- Description<b>Over 100 delicious recipes for quia, amaranth, buckwheat, brown rice, chia seeds, millet, oats, spelt, kamut, barley, farro and freekah.</b> A fresh look at twelve delicious super-foods (over half of which are gluten free) to add a nutrient-packed punch to your day! No longer being held captive by the health food store, the world is waking up to the unique health benefits of grains. <i> Supergrains</i> includes over 100 delicious recipes. Firstly, you get the lowdown on the nutritional stats for each grain-- for instance, did you kw that chia contains more omega 3 and dietary fibre than any other food found in nature?-- and then 10-12 delicious recipes for each one. All of the grains are ready to buy at your local supermarket--quia, amaranth, buckwheat, brown rice, chia seeds, millet, oats, spelt, kamut and barley--and with the recipes in <i>Supergrai</i> you'll see how easy it is to include them in your everyday diet. The step-by-step and easy-to-follow methods will give you the confidence to cook with these super-foods in fresh and contemporary ways, with dishes such as: Quia with Lamb, Pine Nuts and Currants; Buckwheat Pasta with Pancetta, Broccoli and Chili; and Roasted Nectarines with Barley and Almond Crumble. Six out of ten of these grains are gluten free and many are a complete source of protein, making these recipes perfect for vegans, vegetarians and carnivores alike. <i>Supergrains</i> gives you delicious, healthy meals that your whole family will love.
- Author BiographyCHRISSY FREER is a qualified nutritionalist, food writer and recipe developer who has worked with a host of celebrity chefs, including Bill Granger. She has contributed to more than ten Weight Watchers cookbooks, as well as the <i>Biggest Loser Families Cookbook</i>. She is a regular contributor to an extensive list of publications, including <i>Delicious</i> and <i>Bon Appetit</i> magazines.
- Author(s)Chrissy Freer
- PublisherAppetite by Random House
- Date of Publication24/02/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAppetite by Random House
- Weight680 g
- Width203 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.