All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe devil gets his due in the latest entry in the Pop Culture and Philosophy series. Supervillains and Philosophy features an international cabal of philosophers and comics industry professionals conspiring to reveal the dark details -- and deeper meanings -- lurking behind today's most popular comic book monsters. Whether it's their moral justification for world domination or the wavering boundaries they share with the modern anti-hero, everyone's favorite villains generate as much attention as their heroic counterparts. The 20 essays in this accessible book explore the nature of supervillainy, examine the boundaries of good and evil, offer helpful advice to prospective supervillains, and untangle diabolical puzzles of identity and consciousness. All the legends are here, from Dr. Doom and the Spectre to the Joker and the Watchmen, reconsidered through the lens of classic and modern philosophy.
- Author BiographyBen Dyer is finishing a dissertation in moral and political philosophy at Bowling Green State University. He lives in Ohio.
- PublisherOpen Court Publishing Co ,U.S.
- Date of Publication17/09/2009
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Series TitlePopular Culture and Philosophy
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Court Publishing Co ,U.S.
- Weight314 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byBen Dyer
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.65Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.