All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
About this product
- DescriptionThe only book to focus specifically on the supervisory role for the school psychology practicum Field and university-based practicum supervisors required to mentor school psychology students are often poorly equipped to fulfill this role with expertise and confidence. This is the first-ever guide for such supervisors who are overseeing school psychology students throughout the course of their practicum. Brimming with practical information, the book explains how to develop, implement, document, and supervise a range of field experiences. It offers resources to support student growth over the course of the practicum experience, including step-by-step information about supervision models, evaluation systems, on-site support, and ways to address common graduate student difficulties. The book is organized around the chrological experience of the trainee, beginning with orientation through transition to internship. Each chapter focuses on three key supervisory roles: student skill development, supervision, and advancement and evaluation. The guide also addresses how university supervisors can communicate and collaborate with each other for additional support. Content aligns with the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP) training standards. The guide includes resources for developing and maintaining placements within the school including recruitment, maintenance activities, retention, and support. Useful tools to document and support candidates, including forms, checklists, and other resources for supervisors and trainers, are included in an easy-to-reproduce format. Key Features:* Provides plentiful resources for providing trainees with a quality practicum experience* Targets the distinct supervision requirements of this practicum with developmentally appropriate activities* Explains how to develop, implement, document, and supervise a range of field experiences* Describes supervision models, evaluations systems, on-site support, and how to address common student problems* Includes useful guidelines, tools, forms, and checklists
- Author BiographyKristy Kohler Kelly, PhD, is Associate Professor and Director of Field Training, School Psychology Program, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology. She has supervised and trained more than 400 students, ranging from first-year candidates to interns. She is a licensed clinical and certified school psychologist in the State of Illinois and holds the National Certification in School Psychology (NCSP). She worked for a number of years with the Northern Suburban Special Education District (NSSED) in Illinois, where she worked with children with exceptional social and emotional needs. Dr. Kelly teaches courses in behavior assessment,consulting, practicum, and internship. Her research has been published in such journals as Psychology in the Schools and Social Service Review and she has contributed several book chapters and encyclopedia entries. Shanna D. Davis, PhD, is Associate Professor in Psychology, Eastern Washington University, USA. She has been a practitioner, supervisor, and professor in several districts and institutions including Minneapolis Public Schools and the University of Minnesota. She has supervised practicum students in both field and university setting. Dr. Davis's research has been published in such journals as Ethics and Behavior, Psychology in the Schools, and NASP Communique. At Eastern Washington she teaches courses in Consultation in School Psychology, Human Development, and School Psychology Practicum.
- Author(s)Kristy Kohler Kelly,Shanna D. Davis
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication05/07/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.