All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
About this product
- DescriptionDifferentiate yourself in a competitive marketplace with SUPERVISION: CONCEPTS AND PRACTICES OF MANAGEMENT, 13E. A blend of traditional management concepts and emerging insights, the text draws from the authors' firsthand business experience to deliver the leadership skills hiring managers want but rarely find in new recruits. This comprehensive single source for supervisory management expertise addresses the most critical challenges in business today, including globalization, ecomic turbulence, transitional and temporary workers, virtual employees, techlogy, outsourcing, and downsizing. Hands-on and practical, the text complements chapter readings with skill-building techniques and captivating video cases from well-kwn organizations, letting you experience supervisory roles yourself. Special attention to diversity and ethics also helps you develop a better sense of life beyond the classroom and enhances the text's extensive coverage of communication, decision making, conflict resolution, and other essential supervisory skills.
- Author BiographyDr. Trusty received her bachelor's degree from Purdue University, her master's degree from Ball State University, and her doctorate degree from the Western Michigan University School of Public Affairs and Administration. Dr. Trusty began her career as an elementary school teacher; she later moved into the nonprofit sector, operated a nonprofit business, and after 20 years made the natural transition to the world of higher education. She has received numerous awards and recently returned to her alma mater, Western Michigan University, to teach in the School of Public Affairs and Administration. Trusty's enthusiasm, technological expertise and life-long journey of proving what it takes to be successful in a supervisory role make her real-world experiences resonate with students. Dr. Leonard is Professor Emeritus of Marketing and Management at Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne (I.P.F.W.). During his forty-year tenure, he held various faculty and administrative positions, including Chair of the Management and Marketing Department. Currently part of the Core Leadership Faculty, Master of Science in Leadership at Trine University, he develops and teaches courses in organizational behavior, leadership, human resources, industrial relations, and strategic management. Dr. Leonard also delivered full-service consulting for thirty years, and conducted seminars for thousands of executives. Well published, his research on employee involvement and motivation, organizational culture, climate and leadership, human resource interventions, and case development has appeared in various journals, earned numerous awards, and contributed to five textbooks. Dr. Leonard received his Bachelors, Masters, and Doctorate Degrees from Purdue University.
- Author(s)Edwin Leonard,Kelly Trusty
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2015
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCengage Learning, Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1202 g
- Width205 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement13th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.