All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Fourth Edition of Supply Chain Logistics Management presents Logistics in the context of integration within a firm's Supply Chain Strategy and Operations. The framework of Supply Chain Management is initially presented thereby creating a foundation for in-depth study of the five logistics operational components in Part Two. Challenges and strategies related to design and operational integration of logistics within a global supply chain are discussed in Part three. Part Four focuses on administrative challenges related to cross organizational collaboration, performance measurement, and concludes with the challenges of managing risk and achieving sustainability. An essential feature of the overall presentation is the integration of topical materials and examples into the Supply Chain Logistics value creation process. Text materials are supported by study and challenge questions as well as contemporary cases. The overall presentation integrates the discussion of information techlogy throughout the text. Illustrations and examples highlight how firm's deal with operational challenges and use logistics performance to gain competitive advantage.
- Author BiographyJohn H. McConnell Professor of Business Administration at Michigan State University. He received his Ph.D. in marketing at Michigan State and has worked with industry throughout his career. He the author of many publication in journals and proceedings, including Harvard Business Review and journal of Marketings. Professor of Marketing and Logistics at Michigan State University. He received his Ph.D. in marketing and logistics from Michigan State. Dr/ Closs is the author or coauthor of many publication in journals and proceedings, System Editors of the Journal of Business Logistics, and coauthor of Simulated Product Sales Forecasting. Associate Professor in the Department of Marketing and Supply Chain Management at Michigan State University. He is co author of three texts on distribution and logistics, including World Class Logistics: The Challenge of Managing Continuous Change published by the Council of Logistics Management and Strategic Marketing Channel Management published by McGraw Hill. His research has focused on logistics best practices in customer service and in performance measurement. He also served for four years on the Executive Board of the International Customer Service Association as Head of the Research and Education Committee.
- Author(s)David J. Closs,Donald J. Bowersox,M. Bixby Cooper
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/02/2012
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleIrwin Operations/Decision Sciences
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1066 g
- Width210 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $20.03Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.