All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor MBA or senior level undergraduate supply chain management courses. A Strategic Framework for Understanding Supply Chain Management Borne from a course on supply chain management taught at Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management, Supply Chain Management introduces high-level strategy and concepts while giving students the practical tools necessary to solve supply chain problems. The Sixth Edition weaves in compelling case study examples, providing students with clear insight into how good supply chain management offers a competitive advantage. On the flip side, students also learn the dangers of poor supply chain management, and how it can damage an organization's overall health and performance. Using a strategic framework, students are guided through all of the key drivers of supply chain performance, including facilities, inventory, transportation, information, sourcing, and pricing. By the end of the course, students will walk away with a deep understanding of supply chains and a firm grasp on the practical managerial levers to pull in order to improve supply chain performance.
- Author BiographySUNIL CHOPRA Sunil Chopra is the IBM Distinguished Professor of Operations Management and Information Systems at the Kellogg School of Management. He has served as the interim dean and senior associate dean for curriculum and teaching, and the codirector of the MMM program, a joint dual-degree program between the Kellogg School of Management and the McCormick School of Engineering at Northwestern University. He has a PhD in operations research from SUNY at Stony Brook. Prior to joining Kellogg, he taught at New York University and spent a year at IBM Research. Professor Chopra's research and teaching interests are in supply chain and logistics management, operations management, and the design of telecommunication networks. He has won several teaching awards at the MBA and Executive programs of Kellogg. He has authored more than 40 papers and two books. He has been a department editor for Management Science and an associate editor for Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, Operations Research, and Decision Sciences Journal. His recent research has focused on understanding supply chain risk and devising effective risk mitigation strategies. He has also consulted for several firms in the area of supply chain and operations management. PETER MEINDL Peter Meindl is a portfolio manager with Kepos Capital in New York. Previously, he was a research officer with Barclays Global Investors, a consultant with the Boston Consulting Group and Mercer Management Consulting, and the director of strategy with i2 Technologies. He holds PhD, MS, BS, and BA degrees from Stanford, and an MBA from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern. The first edition of this book won the prestigious Book of the Year award in 2002 from the Institute of Industrial Engineers.
- Author(s)Peter Meindl,Sunil Chopra
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication24/12/2014
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Out-of-print date03/06/2015
- Weight990 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.99Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.