All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe importance and understanding of inclusiveness in education has become an integral part of the education system. With emphasis on the well-being of families and children alike, the concept of an inclusive learning environment continues to focus on the interests of the child as a whole, t their condition, and this approach is at the forefront of supporting their emotional and educational well-being. Now fully updated, this new edition of Supporting Inclusive Practice encourages the ongoing practice of inclusion with discussions, guidance and advice on how to build an inclusive environment. This book encourages debate, reflection and discussion when relating to the teaching of: * children with English as an additional language * gifted and talented children * children with autism and physical and sensory disabilities * children who have suffered loss, grief and bereavement * children in Care or being 'looked after'. Helping you to promote children's independence and emotional resilience, and with advice on working with families and professional agencies, this book is integral to all those at university training to work in the education sector, as well as teachers and teaching assistants who are truly looking to achieve inclusive practice in their classroom.
- Author BiographyGianna Knowles is a senior lecturer in Educational Studies at the University of Chichester, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/09/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables
- Weight326 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byGianna Knowles
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.