All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis important book provides practical guidance for parents, teachers and other early years practitioners who are concerned with young children's musical development. The authors highlight the relationship between music and the development of communication, the expression of emotion and playfulness. They show how these three elements, in conjunction with musical activity and experience, underpin all future learning including the development of language. They go on to explore music as a subject in its own right and its role in supporting other areas of the curriculum. Insights from a wide range of research are presented in a way which makes them accessible to practitioners so that they can be used to inform and develop effective practice. Practitioners and parents are encouraged to have confidence in their own musical ability. The book provides a wide range of practical strategies and activities. It will show that everyone is capable of enjoying making music with young children and contributing to their future musical development.
- Author BiographyLinda Pound is Academic Leader for Early Childhood Programmes at the University of North London. She has worked with every age group from 2-62 years of age but her passion is the education of young children. She has been a headteacher, local authority inspector and involved in training of early years practitioners at all levels. Chris Harrison is Inspector for Music in the London Borough of Greenwich and was formerly Performing Arts Adviser for the London Borough of Lewisham. He has taught in primary and secondary phases and has extensive experience of providing professional development for teachers and early years practitioners. He is also a practising musician.
- Author(s)Chris Harrison,Linda Pound
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2002
- LanguageEnglish & English
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleUK Higher Education OUP Humanities & Social Sciences Education OUP
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Notereferences, index
- Weight640 g
- Width60 mm
- Height90 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.