All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThe book is aimed at all those studying on Foundation Degrees in supporting primary and early years teaching and learning, and particularly those working at levels 4 and 5. It is written in an accessible style with a focus on work-based professional development and encourages critical reflection throughout. It starts with a discussion of reflective practice, and includes helpful guidance on developing effective study skills. Each chapter then focuses on a key topic in education, learning and development, considers any relevant policies and legislation, examines educational theories in relation to professional practice and provides concise case studies to contextualise the learning. It provides up-to-date and relevant material on supporting the new national curriculum, safeguarding, SEN and inclusion issues, and schools as organisations. It also covers the competencies for Higher Level Teaching Assistants.
- Author BiographyFiona Hall is Head of Higher Education at Ashton Sixth Form College. She has over 20 years' teaching experience in both primary and the post-16 sector. She has taught on the Foundation Degree in Education for Staffordshire University since 2005 and currently also teaches on the Staffordshire University BA Education top-up. She has been an HLTA assessor since 2008. Duncan Hindmarch is Award Leader for the Foundation Degree in Education at Staffordshire University. He has over 15 years' teaching experience, having worked overseas and in the UK. With a background in Teaching English for Speakers of Other Languages, he has been involved in developing and delivering ESOL and Initial Teacher Training programmes since 2005. Doug Hoy is a tutor on the Foundation Degree in Education for Staffordshire University. He is an educator with over 25 years' experience and has taught at all levels from infants (KS1) to post-graduate study, both in the UK and overseas. He is currently delivering and assessing the new Functional Skillscurriculum for adults. Lynn Machin is Award Leader and Senior Lecturer within the School of Education at Staffordshire University. She has over 20 years' experience of teaching in a variety of roles within initial teacher education (ITE).
- Author(s)Douglas Hoy,Duncan Hindmarch,Fiona Hall,Lynn Machin
- PublisherCritical Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication14/01/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleTeaching Assistant's
- Place of PublicationNorthwich
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCritical Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight271 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.