Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.57Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionMust be good with gerbils and computers' There are over 180,000 teaching assistants working in England. Originally tasked with routine, low-grade tasks, they are increasingly used today to stand in for teachers and their vital role is braided into policy thinking about raising standards and reducing teacher workloads. Supporting Stories investigates the lives and experiences of a small group of primary school TAs, in a compelling, inside-outside picture of classroom life. This unusual combination of ethgraphy and autoethgraphy stitches together stories of feelings and everyday lives and everyday politics in a carefully crafted collection which offers valuable insight and shared kwledge to TAs and would be TAs and to trainers, students on research methods courses, and everyone who would like to peek inside the primary school classroom.
- Author BiographyDr Celia Dillow worked as an assistant in six schools in four towns on two continents before embarking on the ESRC funded research into the lived experience of teaching assistants that inspired this delightful and informative book.
- Author(s)Celia Dillow
- PublisherInstitute of Education Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationStoke-on-Trent
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTrentham Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date08/09/2015
- Weight295 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.