All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe transition from primary to secondary school is extremely important in the lives of children and young people but it is also a time of significant stress for many. This unique programme is designed to support children during this process, helping to build the confidence, skills and the resources that they will need in order to ensure a smooth and successful transition. This accessible text provides teachers, parents and professionals working with young people with a comprehensive range of resources to effectively support this process, and also: * promotes the development of resilient children and young people who can cope effectively with the process of change * encourage pupil participation and ensure that well-being is further fostered and maintained both for young people and staff within the learning context * includes specific strategies, techniques and ideas regarding the transition process including systems and individualised approaches * helps young people to visualise success, manage strong and complex emotions, cope with stress and anxiety, problem solve difficult situations, recognise their own signature strengths and build upon these through a series of activities and problem based learning opportunities. The programme itself also makes use of solution-focused approaches, motivational interviewing techniques, cognitive behaviour therapy strategies and a range of ideas and techniques taken from positive psychology and resilience theory. The wealth of resources offered here make this programme unique and engaging, and will be particularly useful to those who support children with SEN and higher levels of vulnerability.
- Author BiographyTina Rae is an educational and child psychologist. She is also an academic and professional tutor for the doctoral training course for educational and child psychologists at the University of East London. She has also published with Routledge: Supporting the Well Being of Girls: An Evidence-based School Programme (with Elizabeth Piggott, 2014).
- Author(s)Tina Rae
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/05/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note29 black & white illustrations, 60 black & white tables, 2 black & white halftones, 27 black & white line drawings
- Weight340 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.