Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
About this product
- DescriptionAll the lectures published in this book were given between 21 and 29 June 1996 on the occasion of the Sura za Afrika-Festival. They were part of four workshops held in the cities of Linz, Graz, Innsbruck and Vienna. These lectures are, on the one hand, the documentation of a substantial intellectual discourse and, on the other, also an important contribution of a substantial intellectual discourse on a new positioning of the African continent in a globalising world. Sura za Afrika - Voices from Africa contains contributions from outstanding members of the international scientific community like the historian Joseph Ki-Zerbo, or the philosopher Kwasi Wiredu, from former and (1996) future ministers like Paulin Houtondji (former Minister for Education in Benin) or Apolo R. Nsimbambi (w Minister for Education and Sports in Uganda), beside committed interventions from members of African NGOs like Alice Abok from YWCA Kenya, Ledea Ouedraogo or Opa Kapijimpanga from AFRODAD/Harare or trade-unionists like Essayas Bernhanu. It was this exchange of opinions and points of view beyond academic circles that made the workshops that exciting.
- Author BiographyThe Editor: Herbert Langthaler, born 1957, studied Social Anthropology and Journalism. He is living in Vienna working as a freelancing journalist and organiser of conferences, and scientific, political and social projects.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/04/1999
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published1999
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight490 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byHerbert Langthaler
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.