All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
About this product
- DescriptionThis new book synthesizes a wide range of interdisciplinary literature to provide the state-of-the art of biomedical implants. It discusses materials and explains the three basic requirements for implant success from a surface engineering perspective: biological compatibility, biomechanical compatibility, morphological compatibility. Biomedical, mechanical, and materials engineers will find this book indispensable for understanding proper treatment of implant surfaces in order to achieve clinical success. Highlights include: Coverage of surface engineering of polymer, metallic, ceramic and composite implant materials; Coverage of chemical, mechanical, physical, thermal, and combined surface modification techlogies; Explanations of interfacial reaction between vital tissue and n-vital implant surface; and Methodologies and techlogies for modification of surface layer/zone to promote the osteo-integration, the ultimate success for biomedical implants in both dental and medical practice.
- Author BiographyYoshiki Oshida is a Professor Emeritus at Indiana University School of Dentistry and an Adjunct Professor at University California San Francisco School of Dentistry. He received his PhD in Materials Science & Engineering, from Waseda University, Tokyo Japan. He is a Fellow of the International Academy of Shape Memory Materials for Medical Use and has served on editorial boards for the Journal of Bio-Medical Materials and Engineering and the Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry. In addition to numerous conference presentations and invited lectures, he holds 10 U.S. patents and is the author of over 100 papers and contributed book chapters. He is the Author of Bioscience and Bioengineering of Titanium Materials, 2nd edition (2011).
- Author(s)Professor Yoshiki Oshida
- PublisherMomentum Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationHighland Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMomentum Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight762 g
- Width185 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.