All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionSurface Engineering constitutes a variety of processes and sub processes. Each chapter of this work covers specific processes by experts working in the area. Included for each topic are tribological performances for each process as well as results of recent research. Included are in-depth studies of diffusion coatings, nacomposite films for wear resistance, surfaces for biotribological applications, thin-film wear, tribology of thermal sprayed coatings, hard --facing, plating for tribology and high energy beam surface surface modifications. Material Scientists as well as Engineers working with Surface Engineering for Tribology will be particularly interested in this work.
- Author BiographyDr. Manish Roy graduated from Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur in 1985 in Metallurgical Engineering. After a short stay with an integrated steel plant as 'Junior Manager' he proceeded for his post graduation study. Following post graduation he joined 'Defence Metallurgical Research Laboratory' in 1989 as scientist. Since then he is with the same laboratory. His areas of research interest are materials and surface engineering for tribological application and nanotribology of self lubricating films. He is particularly interested in various interactions between oxidation and tribology and also between corrosion and tribology. Meanwhile, he has visited University of Strathclyde under bilateral exchange programme of 'Indian National Science Academy' and 'Royal Society (London)' in 2001. He visited Vienna University of Technology as 'Lise Meitner International Fellow' of Austrian Science Fund (FWF). He has also visited 'Austrian Center of Competence for Tribology' as 'Sr. Marie Curie Fellow' of 'European Commission' in 2007. Dr. Roy has around 80 papers in various reviewed national and international journals. He has been guest editors of several special issues of several international journals. He is in the editorial board of 'International Journal of Refractory Metal and Hard Materials', 'Recent Patent in Mechanical Engineering' and 'International Journal of Manufacturing, Materials and Mechanical Engineering'. He is associate editor of International Journal of Surface Engineering and Interdisciplinary Materials Science . Dr. Roy has organised several international symposiums in India and abroad. Dr. Roy was convener for the 1st and 2nd international conference on 'TriboCorrosion' held in India and Austria respectively.
- PublisherSpringer Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication04/04/2013
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationVienna
- Country of PublicationAustria
- ImprintSpringer Verlag GmbH
- Content Notebiography
- Weight660 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byManish Roy
- Edition Statement2013
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.