All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $21.95Trending at AU $26.77
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.67
- AU $23.78Trending at AU $26.94
About this product
- DescriptionThe book series Polymer Na-, Micro- and Macrocomposites provides complete and comprehensive information on all important aspects of polymer composite research and development, including, but t limited to, synthesis, filler modification, modeling, characterization as well as application and commercialization issues. Each book focuses on a particular topic and gives a balanced in-depth overview of the respective subfield of polymer composite science and its relation to industrial applications. With the books the readers obtain dedicated resources with infomation relevant to their research, thereby helping to save time and money. In this first volume in the series, authors from leading academic institutions and companies share their first-hand kwledge of natube-surface enhancements for use in polymer composites. All the important methods for the functionalization of natube fillers, including polymer wrapping, n-covalent modification with naparticles, silica layers or entrapped micelles, chemically induced growth of multilayers, techniques based on covalent bonding, such as polmer or quantum dot attachment, and direct polymerization approaches are covered.
- Author BiographyVikas Mittal is Polymer Engineer at BASF Polymer Research in Ludwigshafen, Germany. He obtained his PhD in 2006 in Polymer and Materials Engineering from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich, Switzerland. Later, he worked as a Materials Scientist in the Active and Intelligent Coatings section of SunChemical in London, UK. His research interests include polymer nanocomposites, novel filler surface modifications, thermal stability enhancements, polymer latexes with functionalized surfaces etc. He has authored over 40 scientific publications, book chapters and patents on these subjects.
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication20/04/2011
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Series TitlePolymer Nano-, Micro- and Macrocomposites
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight790 g
- Width179 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byVikas Mittal
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.