Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.34+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $35.01
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionSurface Works is about using plain knit or crocheted backgrounds to which surface decoration can be added and the projects in this book were created with that in mind. There are many alternative meanings for decorate, including adorn, bedeck, brighten, do up, embellish, enhance, enrich, festoon, frill, gussy up, jazz up, ornament, and trim, all of which illustrate the focus of Surface Works. Packed full with information, Surface Works contains over 90 original textured and creative stitch motifs to make, plus 34 new projects including 7 garments with full templates and instructions. Jenny's fantastic 'how-to' section is included plus a comprehensive stitch guide. There are three main categories used throughout: Altering the Surface - this can be as simple as adding ather thread to an existing one. Using basic stitches and fancy yarns will produce a richly textured surface and therefore result in a much more interesting fabric with little effort on your part. Collaging (or Layering the Surface) - adding objects to the background in combination or isolation such as beads, lace, cloth, braids, knit and crocheted motifs etc. Interrupting the Surface - this entails working in a certain technique such as garter stitch or double crochet (single crochet) for a few cm's (inches) and then introducing something different. For example, changing from knitting to crochet or from one stitch technique to ather so that the surface appearance of the fabric changes. The end result of working with these methods can be elaborately ornate, totally crazy or subtle and elegant.
- Author BiographyFrom NSW, Australia, Jenny Dowde completed 6 years at art school and a course in machine knitting. Jenny has lectured on Colour, Design and Creative Knitting at knitting seminars around Australia. She has participated in Australian Textile Fibre Forum computer design workshops. She has also made polymer clay buttons for a designer knitwear company and taught polymer clay workshops at various Fibre Forums in Australia. In 1997 she discovered the wonderful medium, scrumbling or freeform crochet, with the only equipment requireed being a hook and lots of yarn! She now combines knitting with crochet in her freeform work.
- Author(s)Jenny Dowde
- PublisherSally Milner Publishing Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2007
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationBinda
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintSally Milner Publishing Pty Ltd
- Content Note150 colour illustrations
- Weight762 g
- Width783 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.