All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $17.82Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
About this product
- DescriptionThe Army Materials and Mechanics Research Center has conducted the Sagamore Army Materials Research Conferences, in cooperation with the Metallurgical Research Laboratories of the Department of Chemical Engineering and Metallurgy of Syracuse University, since 1954. The purpose of the conferences has been to gather together scientists and engineers from academic institutions, industry, and government who are uniquely qualified to explore in depth a subject of importance to the Army, the Department of Defense and the scientific corr.munity. This volume, Surfaces and Interfaces ll: Physical and Mechanical Properties, can be considered a continuation, or perhaps an extension, of the information contained in Surfaces and Interfaces I: Chemical and Physical Characteristics. The emphasis in this volume is focused on: the techlogical significance of surfaces and interfaces; surface- sensitive mechanical properties; environment-sensitive properties; control of grain structure; and composite materials. It is felt that the rather ambitious undertaking of the program committee to place the role of surfaces and interfaces in its proper context has been achieved. The balance between basic research findings and more applied research allows the reader a certain degree of latitude in the use of the two volumes. The continued active interest and support of these conferences by Col. C. T. Riordan, Commanding Officer, Dr. E. Scala, Technical Di- rector, and J. F. Sullivan, Deputy Technical Director, of the Army Materials and Mechanics Research Center is appreciated.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication15/06/2012
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleSagamore Army Materials Research Conference Proceedings
- Series Part/Volume Number14
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note97 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight777 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byJohn Burke
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1968
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.