CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Surgery for Obesity and Metabolic Disorders: 6th Frankfurt Meeting, Frankfurt/M., November 2010. Supplement Issue: 'Obesity Facts 2011, Vol. 4, Suppl. 1' by S Karger AG (Paperback, 2011)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionObesity is a complex condition with serious social and psychological dimensions that affects virtually all age and socioecomic groups and threatens to overwhelm both developed and developing countries. In 1995 there were an estimated 200 million obese adults worldwide and ather 18 million children under the age of 5 that were classified as overweight. As of 2000 the number of obese adults has increased to over 300 million. Contrary to common expectations, the obesity epidemic is t restricted to industrialized societies. It is estimated that in developing countries over 115 million people suffer from obesity-related problems. As commonly kwn, obesity surgery is the only effective strategy to treat severely obese patients. Obesity treatment should be individually tailored, and all crucial factors, such as sex, the degree of obesity, individual health risks as well as psychobehavioral and metabolic characteristics, should be taken into account. In this supplemental issue of Obesity Facts you will find an overview of articles based on the sessions of the 6th Frankfurt Meeting for Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders which many experts in the field participated in. This publication therefore offers a comprehensive overview of the latest advances, breakthroughs and velties in the minimally invasive treatment of this fatal modern-age epidemic.
- PublisherS Karger AG
- Date of Publication30/04/2011
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBasel
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintS Karger AG
- Content Note22, 22 fig., 18 tab.
- Weight200 g
- Width203 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edited byR. A. Weiner,S. Weiner
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.