All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides the first comprehensive overview of the various conventional and cutting-edge surgical techniques for stapes fixations. After describing the broad range of stapes fixations, it discusses the preoperative diagstic workup, with special emphasis on the role of CT scanning. It reviews stapedectomy and stapedotomy via the classic tympatomy approach using different stapes footplate fenestration methodologies, and describes the increasingly popular technique of middle ear endoscopy. A subsequent chapter is devoted to the important topic of robot-assisted surgery. The book then reviews the evolution of the piston prosthesis, highlighting the practical aspects of the different types of piston, their benefits, and their impact on hearing. Lasers are also discussed, and the closing chapters focus on revision surgery and consider outcome measures following stapes surgery. To better illustrate the subject matter, the book features a wealth of photographs (including more than 50 in color), as well as in-depth surgical videos.
- Author BiographyIstvan Sziklai received MD degree (1978) in Szeged (Medical University of Szeged), Hungary and PhD degree (1986) in Budapest, Hungary (Semmelweis Medical University). The PhD thesis was entitled: Etiopathogenesis of the sensorineural hearing loss in Otosclerosis. Twenty five years co-working with Otto Ribari, department head in Szeged and Budapest, oriented him to surgery and research of stapes fixations. The surgical toolkit was further refined by Jean-Marc Sterkers in Paris and by Richard Wiet in Hinsdale, Illinois where he was a visiting fellow. Research fellow in Paris (Universite Paris VII) with Claude Amiel and Olivier Sterkers in 1986-88. Hugh Knowles visiting Professor of Audiology in Evanston, IL, USA between 1990 and 1992 (Northwestern University, Auditory Physiology Laboratory) with Peter Dallos. Clinical director in Debrecen University, Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery between 1997 and 2012. General Secretary of the Confederation of European Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery (CE ORL HNS). Editor-in-Chief of the Hungarian Otorhinolaryngology. Editorial Board member in Audiology & Neurotology, European Archives of Otorhinolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery, Acta Otolaryngologica.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication25/03/2016
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note29 black & white illustrations, 42 colour illustrations, 21 black & white tables, biography
- Weight449 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byIstvan Sziklai
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.