Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is a comprehensive, state-of-the-art review for clinicians with an interest in the peri-operative nutritional management of all surgical patients. The text reviews rmal physiology, the pathophysiology of starvation and surgical stressors, and focuses on appropriate nutritional repletion for various common disease states. Specifically, the text addresses the severe metabolic demands created by systemic inflammation, infection, and major insults such as trauma and burns. In addition, the book addresses the growing problem of obesity in surgical populations, including appropriate strategies directed towards the metabolic management of these patients. The text is designed for clinicians across levels of training and provides clear and concise evidence based guidelines for the metabolic management and nutritional support of the surgical patient. Written by experts in the field, Surgical Metabolism: The Metabolic Care of the Surgical Patient is a valuable resource for all clinicians involved in the care of the critically ill.
- Author BiographyKimberly A. Davis MD, MBA, FACS, FCCM Yale University School of Medicine, Department of Surgery, New Haven, CT, USA Stanley H. Rosenbaum, MA, MD Yale University School of Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology, New Haven, CT, USA.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication23/07/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, 14 colour illustrations, 46 black & white tables, biography
- Weight822 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byKimberly A. Davis,Stanley H. Rosenbaum
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.