All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionApplied statisticians in many fields frequently analyze time-to-event data. While the statistical tools presented in this book are applicable to data from medicine, biology, public health, epidemiology, engineering, ecomics and demography, the focus here is on applications of the techniques to biology and medicine. The analysis of survival experiments is complicated by issues of censoring and truncation. The use of counting process methodology has allowed for substantial advances in the statistical theory to account for censoring and truncation in survival experiments. This book makes these complex techniques accessible to applied researchers without the advanced mathematical background. The authors present the essentials of these techniques, as well as classical techniques t based on counting processes, and apply them to data. The second edition contains some new material as well as solutions to the odd-numbered revised exercises. New material consists of a discussion of summary statistics for competing risks probabilities in Chapter 2 and the estimation process for these probabilities in Chapter 4. A new section on tests of the equality of survival curves at a fixed point in time is added in Chapter 7. In Chapter 8, an expanded discussion is presented on how to code covariates and a new section on discretizing a continuous covariate is added. A new section on Lin and Ying's additive hazards regression model is presented in Chapter 10. We w proceed to a general discussion of the usefulness of this book incorporating the new material with that of the first edition.
- Author(s)John P. Klein,Melvin L. Moeschberger
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/03/2005
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleStatistics for Biology and Health
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1592 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2003. Corr. 3rd printing 2005
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.