All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionFocusing on the importance of discussions about sovereignty and of the diversity of Native American communities, Survivance, Sovereignty, and Story offers a variety of ways to teach and write about indigeus North American rhetorics. These essays introduce indigeus rhetorics, framing both how and why they should be taught in US university writing classrooms. Contributors promote understanding of American Indian rhetorical and literary texts and the cultures and contexts within which those texts are produced. Chapters also supply resources for instructors, promote cultural awareness, offer suggestions for further research, and provide examples of methods to incorporate American Indian texts into the classroom curriculum. Survivance, Sovereignty, and Story provides a decolonized vision of what teaching rhetoric and writing can be and offers a foundation to talk about what rhetoric and pedagogical practice can mean when examined through American Indian and indigeus epistemologies and contemporary rhetorics. Contributors include Joyce Rain Anderson, Resa Crane Bizzaro, Qwo-Li Driskill, Janice Gould, Rose Gubele, Angela Haas, Jessica Safran Hoover, Lisa King, Kimberli Lee, Malea D. Powell, Andrea Riley-Mukavetz, Gabriela Raquel Rios, and Sundy Watanabe.
- Author BiographyLisa King is assistant professor in the English Department at the University of Tennessee. Rose Gubele is director of freshman composition and assistant professor of English at the University of Central Missouri. Joyce Rain Anderson is associate professor of English and faculty associate for the Pine Ridge Partnership at Bridgewater State University.
- PublisherUtah State University Press
- Date of Publication16/11/2015
- Place of PublicationLogan
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUtah State University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight341 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJoyce Rain Anderson,Lisa King,Rose Gubele
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.