More items related to this product
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
Save on DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.30
- AU $63.95Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $24.89Trending at AU $47.24
- AU $64.23Trending at AU $95.19
- AU $83.94Trending at AU $114.17
- AU $24.45Trending at AU $25.66
- AU $63.69Trending at AU $78.85
About this product
- Product InformationMankind has been fighting against his own since the beginning of time. Countless soldiers and civilians have died as anonymous pieces on the playing-board of history. The three battles depicted in this collection were either glorious victories or disastrous defeats for these cities but were written about in history books in terms of countries and commanders. Finally these stories are told here from the viewpoint of the ordinary people. Large-scale re-enactments, state-ofthe- art computer animations and interviews with historians, archaeologists and medical experts bring the reality of these battles to life. 1529 The Siege of Vienna A huge Turkish army, under the command of Suleiman the Splendid, threatened Vienna, the golden apple of Christianity. Left on its own, Vienna only barely held out the siege. 1631 The Sack of Magdeburg Not much remained of the city after the imperial-Catholic soldiers had finished with her. This event burned itself into the memory of Europe as a symbol of the terror of war. 1870 The Battle of Sedan German troops crossed the River Meuse in an attempt to surprise Napoleon III. But even though they were warned, the French troops could not save Bazeilles from a massacre, nor Sedan from being ruined.
- TitleSurviving The Battle
- Product Release Date01/03/2010
- Theatrical Release Year2006
- Number of Discs1
- Rating InfoBattle Violence
- Run Time156 minutes
- Primary GenreSpecial Interest
Most relevant reviews
- ritchiec201112 May, 2016by
A reconstruction rather than a documentary, but provides good insight into subject.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.