All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExpert suggestions for guiding your child through the rough teenage years Does it sometimes seem like your teenager is trying to push you over the edge? Learn what your child is going through and what you can do to help your teen navigate this difficult period in this practical guide from psychologist and parenting expert Carl Pickhardt. In an easy-to-read style, Dr. Pickhardt describes a 4-stage model of adolescent growth to help parents anticipate common developmental changes in their daughter or son from late elementary school through the college age years. * Provides unique advice for dealing with arguing, chores, the messy room, homework, and many other issues * Offers best practices for teaching effective communication, constructive conflict, and responsible decision-making * Includes ideas for protecting kids against the dangers of the Internet, bullying, dating, sexual involvement, and substance use An essential road map for parents looking to guide their children on the path to adulthood.
- Author BiographyCarl Pickhardt, PhD, is a psychologist with more than twenty-five years in private counseling and lecturing practice in Austin, Texas. He is the author of fourteen parenting books and writes a weekly blog, Surviving (Your Child's) Adolescence, for Psychology Today. More information about Dr. Pickhardt may be found at www.carlpickhardt.com.
- Author(s)Carl E. Pickhardt
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication15/03/2013
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight360 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.