All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSurviving an Eating Disorder has become a classic since it was first published in 1988. It was one of the first books to offer effective support and solutions for parents, spouses, friends, and all others who are the 'silent sufferers' of eating disorders. This revised edition is updated with the latest information on what methods and practices work best for families, helping readers take new actions that will encourage the recovery process. The most table development in this world since the book was revised in 1997 is the growing popularity of an extreme treatment wherein parents oversee the feeding habits of the eating disordered individual. In this new edition, Dr. Brisman, who has written the new material for the book, responds to this development. Instead of telling families to oversee feeding as a rule, she advocates a more individualistic approach, encouraging family members to try different methods to see which works best.
- Author BiographyMichele Siegel, Ph.D., initiated the idea for this book and was co-founder with Judith Brisman of the Eating Disorder Resource Center. She died in 1993. Judith Brisman, Ph.D. (left), the director of the Eating Disorder Resource Center, is on the faculty of William Alanson White Institute and has a private practice in New York City. Margot Weinshel, M.S.W. (right), is on the faculty of the Ackerman Institute for the Family, is a clinical instructor in the Department of Psychiatry of NYU Medical School, and has a private practice in New York City.
- Author(s)Judith Brisman,Margot Weinshel,Michelle Siegel
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2009
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight213 g
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.