All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionSusan Glaspell and Sophie Treadwell presents critical introductions to two of the most significant American dramatists of the early twentieth century. Glaspell and Treadwell led American Theatre from outdated melodrama to the experimentation of great European playwrights like Ibsen, Strindberg and Shaw. This is the first book to deal with Glaspell and Treadwell's plays from a theatrical, rather than literary, perspective, and presents a comprehensive overview of their work from lesser kwn plays to seminal productions of Trifles and Machinal. Although each woman pursued her own themes, subjects and manner of stage production, this shared volume underscores the theatrical and cultural conditions influencing female playwrights in modern America.
- Author BiographyBarbara Ozieblo teaches American Literature at the University of Malaga, Spain. She is the author of Susan Glaspell: A Critical Biography, editor of The Provincetown Players: A Choice of the Shorter Plays and co-editor of Disclosing Intertextualities: The Stories, Plays, and Novels of Susan Glaspell. She is co-founder and President of the Susan Glaspell Society. <STRIKE> Jerry Dickey is Associate Professor of Theatre Arts at the University of Arizona. He is the author of Sophie Treadwell: a Research and Production Sourcebook and co-editor of Broadway's Bravest Woman: Selected Writings of Sophie Treadwell. His essays on Treadwell have appeared in A Companion to Twentieth-Century American Drama and the Cambridge Companion to American Women Playwrights.
- Author(s)Barbara Ozieblo,Jerry Dickey
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/01/2008
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleRoutledge Modern and Contemporary Dramatists
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white halftones
- Weight340 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.