All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSushi is food without equal. It is kwn both as an internationally-beloved delicacy and a Japanese treasure. Edomae Sushi, the variety most commonly seen in America today, features a delicious blend of raw fish, vinegar, and cooked rice. In addition to these ingredients, harmony and balance are essential. From the fish selection and rice preparation down to the tea with which it is served, every detail counts. Rewned sushi chef Kazuo Nagayama's own personal recipes are presented here with exquisitely photographed examples that provide a glimpse into the painstaking art that goes into making each piece that is sure to leave the reader salivating! Sushi is arranged by season reflecting the availability of the main ingredients and includes thoughtful descriptions and informational graphics.
- Author BiographyKazuo Nagayama attended Waseda University and studied in the department of commercial science. In 1969, he returned home to run the family business, Harumi Sushi, and successfully launched a second location in Ginza followed by a third shop in Shimbashi in 1977, where he currently works. Hiroshi Yoda is a photographer born in Tokyo in 1942 who moved to London in 1961. He studied photography at the Guildford School of Art, the London College of Communication, and David Montgomery s studio. His photography has appeared in such publications as British Vogue, Harper s Bazaar, Queen, Flair, and the Observer. Creative director Kazuhiko Tajima is a graduate of Tama Art University who started his career at the advertising department of Shiseido in 1969.
- Author(s)PIE Books
- PublisherPIE Books
- Date of Publication10/01/2012
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationTokyo
- Country of PublicationJapan
- ImprintPIE Books
- Content Note208 Colour
- Weight458 g
- Width210 mm
- Height148 mm
- Spine20 mm
Save on Cook Books
- AU $34.59Trending at AU $35.67
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.71
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $30.76
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $26.56
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.24
- AU $31.21Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $44.67Trending at AU $44.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.