Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionWith $100-a-barrel oil and revolution throughout the Middle East and North Africa, the world must face the reality that within 50 years oil will be completely gone from the face of the Earth. The World Petroleum Ecomy will be more. After making hundreds of billions of dollars in profits every single year the world's oil companies will be bankrupt. Way before then, increased demand for oil from China and India and elsewhere in developing countries will drive the price of gasoline up to $8-a-gallon and beyond. Way before then Green House Gases will be off the charts and global warming will be in a death spiral. Wild storms will scour the face of the Earth as its atmosphere tries to adjust to the rising temperatures. The only alternative, sustainable energy source that can be scaled up before then will be second-generation biofuels like ethal from switch grass. We must act w. We must move away from and boom-and-bust, bubble-generating Petroleum Ecomy whose only goal is growth-more and more growth. The only problem is that more-and-more growth in any country's ecomy without end is t sustainable-it cant go on indefinitely. The American ecomy and with it the world ecomy just cycles back-and-forth between boom and bust. What is needed is an American ecomy and a world ecomy that will longer fail every business cycle-that will be renewable, that will be sustainable. A key part of renewable, sustainable ecomies will be fuels that are renewable and sustainable-specifically, biofuels. This book will elaborate on how all of this may be accomplished.
- Author(s)MR Gregory Howard Gebhart
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Place of PublicationScotts Valley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight122 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Illustrator(s)MR Gregory Howard Gebhart
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.