All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTodays society is faced with a multitude of compounding and inter-related socio-ecological challenges. In order to adequately navigate this 'sustainability challenge' and to capture the invation opportunities that come with it, we need professionals from all sectors of society who can help plan, act, and lead strategically towards sustainability. Sustainability handbook first outlines a structured approach to planning within this complex challenge, which is kwn as the Framework for Strategic Sustainable Development. It provides the readers with fundamental social and ecological kwledge from which a scientifically-derived definition of sustainability has been established. From there, the book shares examples of how this Framework can be applied in a variety of situations, sectors, and scales and points to the self-benefit for companies, municipalities and other organisations of working strategically for sustainability. The readers are left with a solid understanding of how to define sustainability, how to plan and act towards it, and how to select from the vast array of sustainability-related concepts, methods and tools in the field today. This handbook combines the academic and practical experience from a collection of authors. The content has been used, tested and refined over many iterations, and w serves as a primary resource for academic courses and programmes around the world. Any student or practitioner looking for more clarity on how to strategically plan and act towards sustainability in a structured, scientific, and collaborative manner will find value inside. Because of the generic nature of the Framework for Strategic Sustainable Development, it can be useful for any discipline, from engineering, to product-service invation, to business management, to urban and regional planning, and beyond.
- Author BiographyKarl-Henrik Robert is a cancer scientist and Professor of Resource Theory at the University of Gothenburg in Sweden. Having initiated The Natural Step movement in 1989, he was awarded the Green Cross Award for International leadership in 1999, and the Blue Planet Prize (the 'Environment Nobel') in 2000.
- PublisherStudentlitteratur AB
- Date of Publication07/06/2012
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLund
- Country of PublicationSweden
- ImprintStudentlitteratur AB
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight312 g
- Width145 mm
- Height170 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byGoran Broman,Karl-Henrik Robert
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.