All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.97Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionSustainability in Architecture and Urban Design will help you understand the nature of the sustainability problem and show you how to implement your design for a sustainable future. Organized in six parts, the problem, the environment, the residential scale, the commercial scale, the urban scale, and energy sources, the book presents essential information in context, so that you get the full picture. Hundreds of drawings, sketches, charts, and diagrams illustrate points author Carl Bovill makes in his clear and direct style, which communicates the basics in a concise way. You'll learn: -About environmental ecomics -How sustainable architectural design relates to ecology -How fractal geometry can lead to a new understanding of the structure of the world around us -How to design energy efficient houses and commercial buildings -How to design and live in our cities to lower energy use per person -About LEED points at all scales A glossary and reading lists encourage you to explore the topics further.
- Author BiographyCarl Bovill is an associate professor in the School of Architecture, Planning, and Preservation at the University of Maryland where he teaches materials, environmental controls, and sustainability. His publications include Architectural Design, Integration of Structural and Environmental Control Systems (1991) and Fractal Geometry in Architecture and Design (1996).
- Author(s)Carl Bovill
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/12/2014
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note177 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white tables
- Weight478 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.