All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionConstruction is one of the biggest industries in the world, providing necessary facilities for human prosperity ranging from the homes in which we live to the highways we drive, the power plants that provide energy for our daily activities, and the very infrastructure on which human society is built. The construction sector, including the building sector, has among the largest potential of any industry to contribute to the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions. This ambitious and comprehensive textbook covers the concept of embedding sustainability across all construction activities. It is aimed at students taking courses in construction management and the built environment. Written in a lively and engaging style the book sets out the practical requirements of making the transition to a sustainable construction industry by 2020. Case studies are included throughout making the book both a core reference and a practical guide.
- Author BiographyAnnie R. Pearce is Associate Professor in the Department of Building Construction, Myers-Lawson School of Construction at Virginia Tech, specializing in sustainable facilities and infrastructure systems. Her areas of expertise include metrics of sustainability for built facilities, green building materials and systems, cost modeling to support sustainability implementation, and in situ performance of sustainable facility technologies. Yong Han Ahn is Assistant Professor in the Department of Construction Management at East Carolina University and a leader of the Sustainable Design and Construction Management (SDCM) research group. Dr. Ahn's research and teaching focuses on motivating students, construction profession and the wider construction industry to incorporate sustainability into their practices. HanmiGlobal Co., Ltd. is a leading Construction Management (CM) firm specializing in construction management, program management, project management and sustainability in the Built environment in South Korea. As a leading CM firm, HanmiGlobal has been ranked as #1 CM firm in Korean and North-East Asian markets and is listed as 18th largest CM firm of all non-US based firms by Engineering News Record (ENR).
- Author(s)Annie Pearce,HanmiGlobal Co Ltd,Yong Han Ahn
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/02/2012
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note120 colour illustrations, 50 black & white tables
- Weight1224 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.