All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $70.55
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.30
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $68.15
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $32.91
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.36
- AU $67.59Trending at AU $76.01
About this product
- DescriptionThis book focuses on the impacts of the built environment, and how to predict and measure the benefits and consequences of changes taking place to address sustainability in the development and building industries. It draws together the best treatments of these subjects from the Leeds Sustainability Institute's inaugural International Conference on Sustainability, Ecology, Engineering, Design for Society (SEEDS). The focus of discussion is on understanding how buildings and spaces are designed and nurtured to obtain optimal outcomes in energy efficiency and environmental impacts. In addition to examining technical issues such as modeling energy performance, emphasis is placed on the health and well-being of occupants. This holistic approach addresses the interdependence of people with the built and natural environments. The book's contents reflect the interdisciplinary and international collaboration critical to assembly of the kwledge required for positive change.
- Author BiographyDr. Mohammad Dastbaz is Dean of Faculty of Arts, Environment and Technology and Professor of Informatics at Leeds Metropolitan University. Professor Dastbaz's research work over recent years has been focused on the use and impact of emerging technologies in society, particularly learning, training and the development of eGovernment. Dr. Dastbaz has led EU and UK based funded research projects and has been the Symposium Chair of Multimedia Systems in IEEE's Information Visualisation (IV) conference since 2002. He has over 50 refereed publications, including numerous journal paper articles, conference papers, book chapters and books on e-learning, eGovernment, and the design and development of Multimedia Systems. Professor Dastbaz is a Fellow of the British Computer Society and UK's Higher Education Academy as well as the professional member of ACM and IEEE's computer society. Dr. Christopher Gorse is Director of Leeds Sustainability Institute, Head of the Centre for the Built Environment and Professor of Construction and Project Management at Leeds Beckett University. He is an Engineering Professors Council Member, Chartered Builder, Vice Chair for the Association of Researchers In Construction Management leading research projects in the energy, sustainability and building performance. Chris is an established author with publications in management, law, construction and refurbishment. While working in the construction industry, he operated as an engineer and project manager working on both building and civil engineering projects and continues to undertake legal and technical consultancy.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication20/05/2016
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note31 black & white illustrations, 114 colour illustrations, 20 black & white tables, 84 colour tables, biography
- Weight789 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byChristopher Gorse,Mohammad Dastbaz
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.