All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.98
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionSustainable Ecomic Development: Resources, Environment, and Institutions presents 25 articles that lay the foundations of sustainable development in a way that facilitates effective policy design. The editors mix broad thematic papers with focused micro-papers, balancing theories with policy designs. The book begins with two sections on sustainable development principles and practice and on specific settings where sustainable development is practiced. Two more sections illuminate institutions, governance, and political ecomy. Additional sections cover sustainable development and agriculture, and risk and ecomic security, including disaster management. This rich source of information should appeal to any institution involved in development work, and to development practitioners grappling with an array of difficult on-the-ground developmental challenges.
- Author BiographyArsenio Balisacan is Professor of Economics and served until 2012 as Dean of the School of Economics and Executive Director of the Philippine Center for Economic Development. Ujjayant Chakravorty is Professor of Economics at Tufts University and Fellow at the Toulouse School of Economics and CESifo. Majah-Leah V. Ravago is Assistant Professor of Economics. She holds a Ph.D. from the University of Hawaii.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication25/09/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Edited byArsenio M. Balisacan,Majah-Leah Ravago,Ujjayant Chakravorty
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.