All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionRenewable energy expert Mark Diesendorf issues a powerful challenge in this clear and comprehensive guide to the techlogy and policies we need to adopt to ensure an ecologically sustainable energy future for the planet. Sustainable Energy Solutions for Climate Change brings together the science, techlogy, ecomics and policy issues to provide a unique and truly interdisciplinary approach. It details the ermous recent changes in the energy sector and profiles the renewable energy techlogies that can transform our fossil-fuelled energy systems into ecologically sustainable ones. The book provides in-depth analysis of: * scenarios for transitioning our polluting energy system to one basedon the efficient use of renewable energy * sustainable transport and planning for better cities * why nuclear energy is t the answer * the politics and policies of climate change mitigation * myths about wind and solar energy and energy efficiency * what people can do to overcome vested interests and push reluctant governments to take effective action. Taking stock of the latest advances in energy efficiency and energy storage, the book is of interest to students at undergraduate and postgraduate level studying energy policy and ecomics, environmental policy and environmental politics as well as professionals and policy makers.
- Author BiographyMark Diesendorf is Associate Professor and Deputy Director of the Institute for Environmental Studies at University of New South Wales in Sydney, Australia.
- Author(s)Mark Diesendorf
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/05/2014
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight657 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.