All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBuildings are the largest consumers of energy, and their facades present a significant opportunity for energy conservation. Written by an associate and head of the research lab at Perkins + Will, this book presents practical information on how to design sustainable facades that are high-performing and energy efficient. Topics covered include climate-specific design considerations; types of facades; facade materials; control of heat, air, and moisture; and emerging techlogies such as smart materials, double-skin facades, facades as energy generators, and control systems. This full-color book includes case studies.
- Author BiographyAjla Aksamija, PhD, leads Perkins+Will Tech Lab, a center for research of building technologies. Dr. Aksamija's research expertise includes building science and sustainability, emerging building technologies, digital design and information modeling. She has contributed to several books and has published numerous research articles. PERKINS+WILL is an interdisciplinary, international design practice offering services in the areas of architecture, interior design, branded environments, planning and strategies, and urban design. Sustainable, high-performance, and environmentally conscious design is the cornerstone of Perkins+Will's practice that informs every project.
- Author(s)Ajla Aksamija
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication17/05/2013
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight852 g
- Width209 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.82Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.