All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter revating his inner-city Sydney terrace and making it almost entirely self-sufficient in energy, water and waste disposal, Michael Mobbs realised his house was sustainable, but he wasn't. While his house saves 100,000 litres of dam water a year, the same amount of water is used to produce ten days' worth of food for the average Australian. In this companion book to the bestselling Sustainable House, Mobbs turns his attention to reducing the carbon emissions associated with growing, processing, transporting, selling and disposing food. With his own experiences anchoring the book, Sustainable Food contains practical advice on establishing community and backyard vegetable gardens, keeping chooks and bees, and reducing water usage, along with insights into dealing with councils, sidelining supermarkets and what we eat and why.
- Author BiographyMichael Mobbs is a professor of environmental law and policy at the University of Technology in Sydney. With an interest in sustainable design for more than 30 years, he has advised the government, private sectors, and community groups on issues such as technology, design, environmental law, and policy. He is the author of Sustainable House and the owner of an environmental design consultancy company.
- Author(s)Michael Mobbs
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Place of PublicationNSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight937 g
- Width215 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $21.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.