Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionAround the world the focus is on the relationship between ethics and governance codes and how widely this should be interpreted. Sustainability has three main accepted dimensions: ecomic growth, social responsibility, and environmental protection. It is a truly multidimensional and multidisciplinary concept, and one which directly affects the risks and opportunities for markets and businesses. In three distinct parts, Sustainable Markets for Sustainable Business explores the relationship between markets and business and sustainable development, as well as issues such as climate change, pollution, land degradation and biodiversity loss. Firstly the authors, all experts from around the world, consider a variety of theoretical issues concerned with sustainability in the new environment. In Part Two the emphasis is on looking at these issues in the market and business practice under various guises. Although every chapter contains discussion and recommended solutions, the final part specifically focuses on future perspectives and the solution strategies for implementation of sustainability measures. Throughout the book the authors address the need for business and market sustainability reforms. The world's markets have the potential to improve the lives of billions in developing countries, reducing poverty and securing environmental quality for future generations. Often they fail to capture the full value of natural resources or promote the interests of poor people. Therefore, an effective public policy framework is required. Sustainable Markets for Sustainable Business and future titles in the Finance, Governance and Sustainability Series address this need.
- Author BiographyGA ler Aras is a professor of Finance at Yildiz Technical University, Istanbul, Turkey, and a Visiting Professor at Georgetown University McDonough School of Business. She is the founding director of the Center for Finance, Governance and Sustainability (CFGS) at YTU. She is the former Dean of Faculty of Administrative and Economic Sciences and that of the Graduate School. Her research focus is on the economy and financial markets with particular emphasis on the relationship between sustainability, corporate governance, social responsibility, and corporate financial performance. She has published more than 20 books and has contributed over 200 articles in academic, business and professional journals. Her most recent co-authored books are entitled The Durable Corporation: Strategies for Sustainable Development, also published by Gower, and Governance and Social Responsibility: International Perspectives.
- Author(s)Professor Guler Aras
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/03/2015
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleFinance, Governance and Sustainability
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGower Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIncludes 9 b&w illustrations
- Weight820 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Series Edited byProfessor Guler Aras
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.