Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines the effectiveness of the modernisation of EU public procurement law in light of the overarching treaty goals on sustainability. Contributors expertly cover core issues of public procurement, including life cycle costing (LCC), eco- and fairtrade labels, the link to the subject matter (LtSM) requirement, the mandatory horizontal rule on environmental and social legal compliance, and framework agreements. Also explored are the balancing of ecomic and n-ecomic objectives implied in sustainable public procurement. The volume moves on to identify major unresolved issues in the use of sustainability considerations, and highlights challenges and possibilities for the national implementation due to take place in 2016. The book contributes to the dismantling of the compartmentalisation that underpins unsustainable policy decisions by discussing the interface of company law and public procurement law and the implication of the new rules on sustainable public procurement for sustainable companies, and specifically for small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
- Author BiographyBeate Sjafjell is Professor Dr Juris at the University of Oslo. She is the head of the research group 'Companies, Markets, Society and the Environment' as well as of the European Law Network at the Faculty of Law in Oslo. She also chairs the international Sustainable Market Actors Network and coordinates European and international research projects on sustainability and business law. Anja Wiesbrock is a Senior Advisor at the Research Council of Norway. She has previously worked as a Postdoctoral Researcher at the University of Oslo and as an Assistant Professor in EU Law at the University of Maastricht. She has published numerous articles on the different aspects of EU law, including state aid and the role of the environmental integration principle in public procurement.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/11/2015
- SubjectEU Law: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note3 b/w illus.
- Weight530 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byAnja Wiesbrock,Beate Sjafjell
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.