All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSocial invation is experiencing a resurgence at a time when cultural boundaries are shifting. A wave of new social initiatives is coming into view worldwide, where millions of dedicated people are beginning to design different kinds of living environments that are more collaborative, more socially just, and more sustainable. This movement is what this Sustainist Design Guide is all about. As the authors say: It is longer a matter of designing for society, but within it. This exploratory guide travels the new landscape of social design thinking and practice, viewed through the lens of sustainism - a perspective that is seen as a new ethos for design.The Sustainist Design Guide presents an agenda for social invation, based on values such as sharing, connectedness, localism and proportionality, as well as sustainability. It challenges us to transform these and other sustainist qualities into design criteria and include them in our design briefs.
- Author BiographyMichael Schwarz: Michiel Schwarz is a cultural thinker, innovator and policy consultant working from Amsterdam and Berkeley. He holds a PhD in the sociology of technology from the University of London. He has advised public organizations and has initiated a wide range of projects on global issues, sustainable futures, design strategies, media culture and innovation. Diana Krabbendam: Designer, editor and cultural entrepreneur. Diana's career as a designer is inspired by a desire to contribute to a better society. As her career developed, she became interested in how design can be used to solve complex issues in society - leading her to focus her work on creative innovation. Since 2003, Diana has been working as designer, editor and cultural entrepreneur in the field of creative innovation. In 2006, together with Michiel Schwarz and Jan van Tiel, she founded The Beach, a network of creative innovators. The Beach initiates and produces projects in collaboration with creative partners, companies and institutions that aim for building a sustainable society. Topics are: play as a core quality of human beings, sustainabilty and inclusiveness. Connection, exchange, participation and creation are at the core of The Beach activities, which include society design, printed and online media, festivals and exhibitions. She also serves as a board member for Urbaniahoeve and member of the creative board of Executive Master in Information Management of the University of Amsterdam.
- Author(s)Diana Krabbendam,Michiel Schwarz
- PublisherBIS Publishers B.V.
- Date of Publication20/06/2013
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintBIS Publishers B.V.
- Out-of-print date01/11/2016
- Content Note100 Colour
- Weight310 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.