All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume, the first to span the forty-year career of Nebraska state poet William Kloefkorn, brings together the best-kwn and most beloved poems by one of the most important Midwestern poets of the last half century. Collecting work from limited editions and hard-to-find books, along with Kloefkorn's most anthologized poems, Swallowing the Soap is an indispensable one-volume compendium of the work of a major American poet. These poems aim for thing less than the impossible: to understand what it means to be alive and human on this moveable earth, writes the editor, Ted Geways. Swallowing the Soap is filled with the paramic landscapes of Kansas and Nebraska, the stories of the rough and tender people who live there, and the moments of heartache, brutality, loss, and redeeming joy that shape their lives. It offers a vision, at once intimate and expansive, of the world of the Great Plains as seen by one of its most eloquent poets.
- Author BiographyWilliam Kloefkorn (1932-2011) was an emeritus professor of English at Nebraska Wesleyan University and Nebraska's state poet. He is the author of many volumes of poetry and a four-volume memoir: This Death by Drowning, Restoring the Burnt Child, At Home on This Moveable Earth, and Breathing in the Fullness of Time, all published by the University of Nebraska Press. Ted Genoways is the editor of Virginia Quarterly Review and the author of Bullroarer: A Sequence. He has edited numerous books, including The Selected Poems of Miguel Hernandez.
- Author(s)William Kloefkorn
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNebraska
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBison Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight626 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byTed Genoways
- Introduction byTed Genoways
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.