All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAll aboard The Swallow! Follow Captain John and his able crew as they set sail to Wildcat Island on an exotic adventure to encounter savages, capture dastardly pirates and defeat mortal enemies. An action-packed musical adventure, Swallows and Amazons is a story of an idyllic era, of endless summer evenings and the beauty of youthful imagination. Following a sold out run at the Bristol Old Vic and before a UK tour, Helen Edmundson's adaptation of Arthur Ransome's rip-roaring adventure Swallows and Amazons sails into the Vaudeville theatre for the Christmas season. Critics and audiences alike loved this action -packed musical-adventure for the whole family, w given fresh life by the amazing, creative artists behind Coram Boy and War Horse.
- Author BiographyHelen Edmundson is the winner of The John Whiting Award for her play The Clearing and has written numerous adaptations and original pieces for the stage. These include Anna Karenina, The Mill on the Floss and War and Peace for the hugely successful touring theatre company, Shared Experience. She is the award-winning author of Coram Boy, seen in two consecutive seasons at the National Theatre, and received unanimous acclaim for her adaptation of Calderon de la Barca's Life is a Dream at the world famous Donmar Theatre. Her adaptation of Arthur Ransome's Swallows and Amazons received five star reviews at the Vaudeville Theatre in London's West End in 2011 and embarks on a nationwide tour in 2012. Neil Hannon is a Northern Irish singer and songwriter, best known as the creator and frontman of the chamber pop group The Divine Comedy. Arthur Ransome (1884 -1967) was an author and journalist, best known for writing the Swallows and Amazons series of children's books. The books remain so popular that they provide a basis of a tourist industry around Lake Windermere and Coniston Water.
- Author(s)Arthur Ransome,Helen Edmundson,Neil Hannon
- PublisherNick Hern Books
- Date of Publication15/12/2011
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNick Hern Books
- Weight136 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.14
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $43.47Trending at AU $44.45
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.33
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.06
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.