Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.65Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionSwami Vivekananda (1863-1902) popularised Vedanta in the West and reformed Hinduism in India. He also inspired the mass movement that made India a modern nation. In showcasing his life and work, this Reader balances the two main aspects of his life: the religious and the secular, the spiritual and the practical, the devotional and the rational. Included here are the most significant and representative texts from every major genre and phase - selections from his speeches, essays, letters, poems, translations, conversations, and interviews - arranged for easy reading and reference. With a scholarly Introduction highlighting his contemporary relevance, separate section introductions and a detailed biographical Chrology, this volume provides a rare insight into one of India's greatest minds. This volume will interest scholars and students of modern Indian history, religion, literature, and philosophy as well as general readers.
- Author BiographyMakarand R. Paranjape is Chairperson and Professor of English at the Centre for English Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/08/2014
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCRC Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight317 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byMakarand R. Paranjape
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.