All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionThe last one-and-a-half years in India have been defined by the anti-graft agitation led by Anna Hazare. His key lieutenant, Arvind Kejriwal, has played a central role in the movement. In 2012, as it became clear that the political establishment was t going to accede to the main demand of the movement - to pass the Lokpal Bill. Team Anna demanded the setting up of a Special Investigative Team to probe corrupt politicians. On 25 July 2012, Kejriwal, along with two of his colleagues and Anna Hazare, sat on a fast to press this demand. This book, which serves as a manifesto for the movement going forward, gives practical suggestions as to what the ordinary citizen, the opinion makers and the political establishment in India can do to provide a political alternative, or to achieve true swaraj (self-rule). The author's central point is that power must shift from New Delhi and the state capitals to the village councils and the town communities, so that people can be directly empowered to take decisions about their own lives. A must-read for anyone with a dream to leave behind a better India for the next generation.
- Author BiographyArvind Kejriwal is a social activist fighting for transparent and participatory governance. He is considered to be one of the main architects of the Jan Lokpal movement or the Anna movement, which shook the nation in 2011. He graduated in mechanical engineering from IIT Kharagpur in 1989 and joined Tata Steel. In 1992, he joined India Revenue Service (IRS). He took a long leave from the government in the year 2000 to set up an NGO, Parivartan. In 2006, he resigned from the government. In 2006, he was awarded Ramon Magsaysay Award for his work on Right To Information (RTI).
- Author(s)Arvind Kejriwal
- PublisherHarperCollins India
- Date of Publication01/01/2012
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationNew Dehli
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintHarperCollins India
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight219 g
- Width129 mm
- Height192 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Translated byManeesha Taneja
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.